As of 2021, the top 10 largest hedge funds in terms of total assets under management are:
1. Bridgewater Associates – With approximately $140 billion in AUM, Bridgewater Associates is currently the world’s largest hedge fund.
2. Renaissance Technologies – Taking the second spot, Renaissance Technologies manages around $90 billion in assets.
3. Man Group – With approximately $122 billion in AUM, Man Group is one of the largest hedge funds globally.
4. Two Sigma Investments – Two Sigma Investments manages around $58 billion in assets.
5. AQR Capital Management – AQR Capital Management has approximately $97 billion in AUM.
6. Millennium Management – Millennium Management manages around $59 billion in assets.
7. DE Shaw Group – DE Shaw Group has approximately $73 billion in AUM.
8. Citadel – With around $40 billion in assets, Citadel is one of the largest hedge funds in the world.
9. BlackRock – Although primarily known as an asset management firm, BlackRock manages a significant amount of hedge fund assets, totaling around $36 billion.
10. Brevan Howard – Brevan Howard manages approximately $13 billion in assets.
Please note that these rankings can change over time, as the hedge fund industry is subject to fluctuations in AUM.