As an AI language model, my responses are based on data available globally up until September 2021. Here are ten notable financial scandals involving politicians from various parts of the world:
1. Wirecard Scandal (Germany): High-ranking politicians, including former Economy Minister Peter Altmaier, faced scrutiny for their handling of the Wirecard scandal, involving Germany’s largest corporate fraud in recent history.
2. Isabel Díaz Ayuso’s Offshore Accounts (Spain): The regional leader of Madrid, Isabel Díaz Ayuso, faced allegations of having undisclosed offshore accounts.
3. Brazilian Vaccination Scandal (Brazil): Accusations emerged that several politicians had profited from questionable deals related to COVID-19 vaccines.
4. Najib Razak’s 1MDB Corruption Case (Malaysia): Politician Najib Razak was found guilty in the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) corruption scandal, where billions of dollars were embezzled.
5. Alexei Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Campaign (Russia): Opposition leader Alexei Navalny and his team have exposed various financial irregularities and corruption involving prominent Russian politicians, businessmen, and allies of President Putin.
6. Senator Revilla’s Corruption Case (Philippines): Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. faced charges related to the misuse of public funds, known as the “Pork Barrel Scam.”
7. Israeli Corruption Investigation (Israel): Several political figures, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, faced corruption-related charges involving bribery and fraud.
8. Umno Corruption Case (Malaysia): Several politicians from the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) party faced corruption charges related to funds misappropriation.
9. Małgorzata Wassermann Corruption Case (Poland): Former member of the parliament, Małgorzata Wassermann, resigned amid allegations of corruption which included bribery and embezzlement.
10. Andrej Babiš’s Conflict of Interest (Czech Republic): Prime Minister Andrej Babiš faced accusations of maintaining control over his business empire despite divesting some assets, leading to concerns about conflicts of interest.
Please note that scandal prominence and ongoing investigations might vary as more information becomes available.